- Main office -
The main office of the law firm is located in a 19th century bourgeois tenement house where Blanka Mercère (17 December 1885 – 16 December 1937), a professor of painting and composition, Olga Boznańska’s student, lived and worked at the turn of the centuries. She is also the author of frescoes on the ceiling in the conference room, which were discovered during the renovation of the interiors in 2013.
Blanka Mercère – daughter of the Frenchman Adolf Mercère and Michalina née Brzozowska. She received her education at the Institute of the Sisters of the Heart of Jesus in Nymphenburg near Munich. At that time she visited Józef Brandt’s studio. After returning to Warsaw, she studied at the Warsaw School of Drawing, then attended the Adrian Baraniecki Higher Courses for Women in Krakow. In autumn 1908, she went to Paris to study at the Académie Julian and École des Beaux-Arts. During the First World War she worked in the civil service and in the Polish army camp in Sillé-le-Guillaume. After she returned to Poland, she was appointed professor at the School of Fine Arts, where she was in charge of a painting and composition studio. From 1926 she ran her own school of fine arts in Warsaw at 26 Hoża Street, where she taught fresco painting. She painted mainly portraits, also genre compositions, religious compositions and landscapes, especially from the south of France. Her works are kept, among others, at the National Museum in Warsaw, the Adam Mickiewicz Museum of Literature in Warsaw and the Historical Museum of the City of Warsaw.
The interiors of the law firm, which are a combination of the classic and modern style, fully reflect the nature of a young and at the same time experienced team of experts.
You are more than welcome to visit us.
Photos: Photographer Antoni Łoskot.